For restaurants and caterers throughout North Carolina, the summer months are synonymous with outdoor parties and picnics. Hosting the ultimate summer barbecue is a point of pride, and PFS Sales has the products you need to make your event a success. Whether you are planning a get together at a client’s home or larger affairs at local parks and other outdoor venues, the following is a list of supplies you need for a barbecue your guests will remember for years to come.
North Carolina Summer Barbecue Essentials
The National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) recently conducted a poll of favorite summertime activities, and outdoor picnics and barbecues were at the top of the list. Catering companies and local restaurants make big profits hosting these events, and leaving the right impression can provide a steady stream of repeat business throughout the year.
In planning the ultimate summer barbecue, having the right type and quantity of plastic catering supplies is vital for a comfortable outdoor eating experience. The following are five essentials you can count on PFS Sales to provide, to help make your summer gathering is a success:
- Take Out Supplies: Whether you’re planning a pig-pickin’ with all the fixings or grilling burgers and hot dogs for your guests, disposable takeout trays, boxes, and containers keep products fresh and make food transport, preparation, and clean up a breeze. Even with the best-laid plans, there’s always someone that ends up missing out on the holiday picnic. If you bring them a plate from the BBQ, you could be the hero of the summer and make a new best friend.
- Plastic Plates and Bowls: Pulled pork is king in North Carolina, and sandwiches come loaded with generous portions of chili, slaw, and other condiments. When you’re dealing with beans, corn, barbecue, and more, you’re going to need more than a rinky-dink paper plate. Your customers will appreciate having sturdy plates and bowls to hold their food and help prevent accidental spills.
- Plastic and Styrofoam Cups: On a hot summer day, your guests will consume plenty of beverages. You should look at both plastic and styrofoam cups in a variety of sizes to keep iced tea, sodas, beer, or other adult beverages icy cold.
- Napkins, Straws, and Cutlery: Attention to detail is what can help set your business apart from the rest. Considering investing in napkins, straws, and cutlery in a variety of colors and styles so that you can accent any theme.
- Cling Film, Foil, and Wraps: With the right supplies, everyone and their cousin is going to want to come to your BBQ. Unfortunately, the same is true for bugs. That’s why you need to make sure you can keep your food secure from unwanted guests. The right coverings keep food items fresh while protecting against pests like flies and bees. You should also think about getting some aluminum foil for your get together. Aluminum foil is a summer barbecue essential and can be used to line grills while helping to keep foods hot.
You also want to make sure you have plenty of clean-up supplies on hand. The Food Network provides a handy list of these and other barbecue essentials you can download, to help you stay more organized and efficient throughout the planning process.
Let PFS Sales Help Make Your Summer Barbecue A Success
For businesses throughout North Carolina, PFS Sales has been a trusted resource for quality plastic catering supplies and restaurant products for 30 years. Call or contact our professional service representatives online today to discuss the items you need to make your summer barbecue a success.