Tips for Spring Cleaning 2019
Here at PFS, our business is helping your business, and part of that is making sure every part of your facility is clean and sanitary. With warmer weather quickly approaching, we’ve put together a list of spring cleanup tips as a point of reference and compiled them for you here.
Spring Cleaning Checklist for Restaurants, Caterers, & Bars
Of course, in order to do all this cleaning, you’ll need the right products for each job.
- Deep Clean Your Floors – Grout, mold, and dirt just love to collect in the spaces between tiles and underneath floor mats. Pick up all floor mats and give them a hose down before you start in on your floor with the mops, buckets, and floor cleaner.
- Sanitize & Restock Your Restrooms – USA Today says that 50% of restaurant patrons who have a negative experience with a bathroom will tell their friends and family about it, while 30% of consumers say they would never return to a restaurant with a dirty bathroom. It’s clear that the cleanliness of your bathroom is vital to keeping customers happy, so make sure and give it special attention by completely sanitizing and disinfecting all surfaces with a dependable multi-surface solution, as well as restocking all hand soap and toilet paper.
- Clean Your Kitchen Equipment – Products like Spic’n Span all-purpose disinfectant spray and Spurrier stainless steel spray are made for cleaning the many types of equipment that are found in modern commercial kitchens.
- Clean & Sanitize Freezers, Fridges, & Coolers – Cleaning these colder temperature areas can be tricky, especially if you’re trying to do it without a non-freeze solution. Make sure and pick up some flock-lined gloves for this chilly chore while you’re at it.
- Dust Areas That Are Hard to Reach – Corners and places that don’t see lots of use need love too. Make sure and dust the areas you don’t usually think of cleaning, like those expensive liquor bottles on the top shelf of the bar that don’t get picked up often.
- Scrub Your Oven – Make sure and give your oven some attention too. Get rid of all the caked-on grease that has undoubtedly built up over the months.
- Give Your Dumpsters A Good Wipe Down – Nobody likes dumpsters, but there are often special laws and regulations concerning the cleanliness and maintenance of them, depending on the type of business you run. Avoid any potential headaches with a health inspector and invest in an easy-to-use dumpster cleaning kit.
- Pay Attention to Your Sinks, Drains, & Grease Traps – Get down to the nitty-gritty and make sure all your sinks, drains, and grease traps are free of build-up by breaking up any clogs with an enzyme-based formula or a dependable de-greaser.
- Clear The Grease From Your Hoods & Air Intakes – Anybody who has spent time in a commercial kitchen knows that the hoods above the grill area are some of the biggest trouble areas for oil and grease build-up. Hit these areas with a hard surface power cleaner to get them shining like new once again.
- Clean Out Your Ice Machine’s Mold – Ice Machines are the perfect breeding grounds for mold. The moisture that collects in these dark conditions cultivates mold faster than you can imagine. Clear the buildup away with heavy-duty scour pads.
PFS Sales Has All The Spring Cleaning Products You Need
PFS Sales has been a reliable distributor of cleaning supplies to restaurants, bars, and caterers for over 30 years. Our mission is to provide your business with every tool it needs to help increase your profits, satisfy your customers, and make your business a success, which is why our catalog of cleaning supplies has everything you could possibly need to whip your business into shape for the spring season. If you have any questions about a specific product, please don’t hesitate to call us at (919) 829-1116 and we’ll be happy to assist you in any way we can.